Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



As we approach the Thanksgiving Holiday it only seems fitting to focus on the many things that I am thankful for and I have realized through this process that I am often in complaining mode. "Dear God, I don't have this, I need this, why do I lack in this", and forget to truly thank God for the many blessings He has given me. If I were a betting person many of you find yourself in this same situation.

Often it is hard to take a step back when we are immersed in the day to day and recognize the ways that God is working in our lives and blessing us. Many times I forget that He is blessing me in the small ways like a beautiful morning when the sun is shining, or a good cup of hot coffee, or a conversation with a friend. I usually am looking for him to bless me in the "BIG" ways and when I don't see that happening I become discouraged.

This Thanksgiving I will be taking the time to sit in the presence of the Lord and write down all the many ways that He has bestowed His blessing on me. Thanking Him for the times of struggle and of joy. I encourage you to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment