Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Dear Young People, do not be afraid to witness to your faith" PB XVI


As I sit here and read this quote again and again I can't help but think, he is talking to me! So often I find myself fearful of witnessing to the faith, wondering how others will perceive me, will I say the right thing, and so on and so on. I can always come up with an excuse to not confront someone or something when I have to. As young adults we are given many opportunities each day to witness to the faith whether it is at work, at home, with friends or family and how often do we allow those moments to just slip right by us? I know it happens to me more times than I would like for it too. To be a witness to the faith takes great courage and humility. We must first recognize that it is not about us, it is about Christ and bringing others to know His love, and secondly we must pray to the Holy spirit for guidance each day in our words and actions as we encounter others. We live in a world today that is absent of God, and it is our call as the future of the Church to be a witness to others that Christ is still present here and now! How are you being called to witness to the faith this Lenten season? What is holding you back? 



No comments:

Post a Comment