Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What was I thinking?...

Well, this is my first attempt at the blogging world. Not sure what I was thinking except that I'm incredibly opinionated and other people's views sometimes make me want to scream. So, my first thought was why not create a blog where I make them (those whom I do not agree with) want to scream. Obviously this is not the greatest reason to start a blog, but as I continued to contemplate this idea the more I came to a conclusion. That conclusion being, I am a devout follower of Christ and with that comes great responsibility. In the Gospel of Matthew Christ says, ""Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." "Immediately they left their nets and followed him." The same is asked of us today. Will you drop what you are doing, believing, worshiping, idolizing and follow me and if/ when you do I will make YOU a fisher of men. What does this even mean? What repercussions will this have on my life? I have found it far to easy to say 'NO' to this call. The excuse being that it is too much work, or that it excludes others, or the fear that I will be persecuted. But are these really great reasons if I fully believe with all that I am that the little white host that is consecrated into the body of Christ at Mass really IS the Body Christ. If I am saying no, I am denying God the greatest act of love He ever did for humanity and if I am saying "YES', then I better be willing and eager to live out that call to drop everything and follow Him.

Now, you may not agree with all my thoughts, ideas, morals and values and that is okay. The point of this blog, as other blogs, is to get you to think outside the small, narrow, secluded box in which we call our minds. Yes, I will discuss my views as a Catholic on political, religious, and everyday issues and my hope is that it will bring about great discussion that ultimately leads to the conversion of souls.

Let me leave you with this quote that will lead to the many postings hereafter. "It isn't that they can't see the solution. It's that they can't see the problem.” ~ G.K Chesterton.

For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment